About Us

The Official Website of Ukhrul District, Manipur.

 

Ukhrul District was first marked out as a Sub-Division in 1919 by the then British-India. Later it was upgraded to a District in the year 1969 by the Govt. of India. The District now has 5(five) Sub-Divisions which are co-terminus with the 5(five) Development Blocks. In addition to these administrative units the District has 4(four) Sub-Deputy Collectors Offices.
Ukhrul District, the land of the colourful Tangkhuls was marked out first a Sub-Division in 1919 during the British Raj. Then in November 1969 it was upgraded to a full-fledged district, bearing the nomenclature of Manipur East District.
The area of the district was 8,200 Sq.Km. according to the CSI Publication 1976. Later Tengnoupal District, now called Chandel District was carved out from this district on 15th July, 1983 and the area of thethen Manipur East District was sliced down to 4,544 Sq.Km. and the title of the district was changed into Ukhrul District in 1983.
NEWS HIGHLIGHT